Terms and Conditions
By placing a booking you are deemed to have read, understood and accepted our terms and conditions. Completion of the booking process and acceptance of our terms and conditions forms your contract with Tynewater Canine.
- Social distancing measures will be in place at all classes where required. By accepting our terms and conditions you are agreeing to abide by social distancing when using our services.
- Anyone not abiding to the strict social distancing rules shall be asked to leave immediately and there is no right of refund in this instance.
- The safety of our clients, dogs and staff is our number one priority and strict enforcement of social distancing is to ensure everyone can have a safe pleasurable training experience.
- Training during the Covid pandemic may be combination of virtual and in-person training depending on government guidelines. By purchasing your classes during the Covid 19 outbreak you accept that classes may have to be provided virtually if government advice is a lockdown or a reduction in face to face services or if it is in the best interest of those attending as decided by Tynewater Canine.
- Should we be in a lockdown situation any classes during that period will be provided virtually.
- Should we need to change your class to virtual there will be no right of deferral or refund as the service will still be provided virtually. By agreeing to our terms you are agreeing to switch to virtual training should it be required.
Classes, Workshops and Consultations
- Please keep dogs on leads at all times unless otherwise directed by your Instructor.
- We do undertake some training outside even in winter so please bring suitable waterproofs and footwear.
- You are responsible for the behaviour and actions of your dog while attending training and are required to clean up after your dog should they go to the toilet.
- Please respect the personal space of other dogs and ensure you stand at an appropriate distance until your trainer advises the correct social introductions.
- Equipment is designed for dog use only and Tynewater Canine take no responsibility for any loss or damage that may occur when equipment is in use.
- Our Session start dates are noted on our website but we do require a minimum of four enrolled dogs in order to run a session. Enrolment is confirmed on payment of fees in full. On the rare occasion that there are insufficient numbers for a session the session may not start on the scheduled start date. You will be advised via text and/or email and the session will start once minimum numbers are met.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your dog is fit and healthy and behaviourally sound to attend training, your dog must be fully vaccinated and not suffering from any infectious disease that could be transmitted to any other dogs. If in doubt about your dog’s health please consult a vet.
- If your dog has to go to the vet due to sickness or injury please advise the vet you are attending classes and seek their advice. Please do not bring your dog to class as sickness can be passed on and injured dogs may not feel up to undertaking training. If in doubt please contact us.
- It is rare that we have a class with bitches only and if not, bitches in season must stay at home for the duration of the season and we will accommodate the missed classes in the next session.
- We use reward based training therefore harsh handling will NOT be allowed under any circumstances. Your Instructor reserves the right to request any persons to leave the premises or cease the session if they are abusive to any other person or dog. We do not allow prong or choke chain collars, slip leads or extending leads in classes.
- Any accidents or issues involving a person or a dog must be reported immediately to the Instructor.
- Cars are parked at their owner’s risk. We do not accept any responsibility for theft or damage to cars or property whilst at training.
- We welcome children to our classes and encourage them to participate and teach them how to interact with dogs in a safe manner. However, there are some important safety considerations to highlight:-
- All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult
- If your child/children are under the age of 8 years old please ensure you have another adult with you to supervise the children whilst you train your dog.
- Children must not approach the dogs in the class unless they are asked to by the Instructors. This reduces the stress for the dogs, some of whom may not be used to children.
- Children are encouraged to participate in the training with their dog but must be supervised at all times.
Bad Weather Policy
- Occasionally rescheduled classes due to illness or inclement weather can affect our scheduling and in this case you will be advised of the revised start date as soon as practically possible.
- In the event of bad weather we reserve the right to provide that week’s class in a virtual format or reschedule the class to an alternative date. Tynewater Canine will not be liable for any losses or expenses arising from amendments to the course or cancellations.
Bookings, Payments & Cancellations
- Payment of fees should be made at the time of placing a booking. Failure to make payment at time of booking will result in the booking being cancelled.
- 121s and consultations require a deposit or full payment to secure your date.
- Under the Consumer Rights Act you may cancel your purchase within a period of 14 working days beginning the moment you place your order. However there will be a £20 admin fee deducted. However, there is no right of cancellation where the class, 121 or class begins within this 14 day period.
- There will be no right to cancel or receive a refund for any service if your course has already commenced regardless of when the order was made.
- There will be no right to cancel or receive a refund for any service following the 14 days after making the order.
- Cancellations for classes and consultations must be made by email. Cancellations will be subject to the following fees:
- If the participant fails to attend the course the full course fees are payable.
- If the participant cancels a 121 or behaviour consultation the full amount will be payable if the appointment is within the next 7 days.
- A substitute delegate may be named at any time before the class or workshop at no additional cost.
Course Content & Material
- In the event of an act of god, hurricane, flooding, pandemics, earthquake, natural disaster, war, or government mandate or law or any other extra ordinary circumstance training will be provided via virtual sessions or prerecorded content whichever is the most practical in the given situation.
- Tynewater Canine reserves the right to change the content, timing, dates, venue or instructor. We try to avoid this as much as possible, but sometimes this is unavoidable, particularly with changes in the weather meaning we have to postpone a session. If we know in advance we will let you know, however, often the weather can be very changeable from hour to hour. If a booking is cancelled due to the weather or instructor illness, we will let everyone know at least an hour before the start of your class. We will then reschedule all the bookings to an alternative week or course date.
- The information on your booking form will only be used as a record of you and your dog, and to contact you in relation to dog training activities and will not be passed on to any third parties.
- By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, you give Tynewater Canine permission to publish in print, electronic, or video format the likeness or image of you and/or your dog. You release all claims against Tynewater Canine with respect to privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright ownership and publication, including any claim for compensation related to use of the materials.
Updated 23 March 2021 - Covid
Updated 26 October 2021 - Course Content